With Automated Transactions you can create future and recurring entries which will be automatically inserted into All Transactions. This is useful, for example, for paying off your credit card.
The following tools are available via the tool bar above the table:
- Select Current View Allows you to change the View that is currently in use by the table.
- Toggle View Editor Panel Shows/hides the View Editor Panel that allows you to edit the current View or create/delete a View.
- Create New View Creates a New View based on the currently selected view
- Search Shows/hides the table’s Search Panel that allows you to search for key words (or amounts) in the current table.
- Create Transaction – create a new empty transaction
- Copy Transaction – makes a copy of the currently selected transaction(s)
- Delete Transaction – hides the currently selected transaction(s) from view (use the default filter drop-down menu option from the Filter Selector to show all deleted transactions again – where you can also un-delete them if you wish)
- Configure Automated Transactions - launches the Configure Automated Transactions component
- Enter Now - immediately inserts the next automated transaction for the line(s) selected
- Show/Hide Chart – displays and hides the chart for the currently selected view
- Print – opens the Document Designer so you can select or design a suitable template for printing the current table of filtered transactions
The Automated Purchases table displays the following columns by default:
- Multiple Select - enables the user to select (and therefore copy/delete) multiple transactions
- Start Date – The date from which this transaction will start to be automatically inserted into your books.
- Period – The frequency with which this transaction will automatically be inserted into your books.
- Total Insertions – The maximum number of times this transaction should automatically be inserted into your books.
- Insertions Done – the number of times this transaction has already been automatically inserted. When the number in this column equals the number in the Total Insertions column the application will stop automatically inserting this transaction into your books.
- Next Date Due – the date of the next automatic insertion of this transaction.
- Description – any descriptive text
- Payee – Choose the payee involved with this transaction
- Total Amount – the full total of the transaction
- From Account – where the money came from (a sales account for a sale, a payment account for a purchase or, say, a bank for a transfer)
- To Account – where the money went to (the bank if a sale, some expense account if a purchase or some other monetary account if a transfer, eg. VAT Control if you are paying your VAT Return)
- Reference – a reference value for the current transaction/entry
- Active - ticked by default; unticking this box causes the automated transaction to NOT be inserted into the transaction table when it is due. However, the automated transaction will still be visible in any table Views which look into the future (e.g. ‘Next Month’), for forecasting purposes.
Below is a list of columns that are hidden by default but are available to be added:
- Cleared (From) – represents the ‘from’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Cleared (To) – represents the ‘to’ side of the transaction as being cleared or not
- Currency Amount – the equivalent amount to Total Amount in the chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Currency Code – the 3 character currency code of the chosen foreign currency
- Currency Rate – the exchange rate to use when converting between the native and chosen foreign currency (as defined in the Currency Code column)
- Date Created – the actual creation date of this transaction (it may be different from the Tax Date or Paid Date)
- Deleted – signifies if this transaction has been deleted or not. By default you only see non-deleted transactions but you can modify the Current Filter to show deleted transactions as well.
- Error Code – if the transaction is in error (has a red background) this column displays a description of the error.
- Notes - a place to record any additional notes about this transaction
- Quantity - used when a transaction line comprises of multiples of the same item. Use in conjunction with the Unit Price and Unit Price Less VAT fields)
For more information about how to create Automated Transactions, please click here.